I would like to try to put That One Pen to some good use and perhaps you’re willing to help. You may have heard about the fantastic site Donors Choose which pairs teachers seeking funds for specific projects with donors willing to help. What I’d like to do is connect pen fans with a couple of specific Donors Choose projects by way of a little raffle here at That One Pen.
Participation is a two-step process. First, go to the Donors Choose page I have set up for this campaign and contribute any amount of money you want. Even $1 will be good enough as far as I’m concerned. Then, come back to this post and add a comment. I will number the comments #1 to whatever based on the order in which they were submitted and use a random number generator to select a winner. Please, US entires only. What will that winner get? He/she will get this:
Yup, that’s an unopened pack of three Night Sky Field Notes memo books. As you may know, Night Sky was part of the Field Notes Colors subscription package last year and is entirely sold out. These memo books are difficult to find now. In fact, I don’t even see any currently available on ebay. I suspect the street price of these memo books will be a bit steep once they start to resurface, but a pack of three can be yours for a donation amount of your choosing at the Donors Choose page for this campaign.
Again, to participate go here and donate whatever you like to one of the projects listed in this campaign and then come back to this post and submit a comment. Entries must be received by 11:59 pm (eastern standard time) on Friday, January 10, 2014. I’ll contact and announce the winner on Saturday, January 11th. Please, US entries only (sorry international folks).
1. Why are you doing this? I want to do a bit of good to start the new year and, as a teacher, I know first hand how challenging it can be to bring creative ideas to fruition if you don’t have the means to do so.
2. Is it possible to participate without donating? I suppose it is because it will be impossible for me to correlate donors with those who leave comments to this post. We work on the honor system here at That One Pen. If you leave a comment, we’ll assume you made a donation.
3. Can you be trusted to deliver the Night Sky memo books? Absolutely. So long as I can contact the winner one way or another, I’ll deliver the notebooks promptly. I’m relatively new to the pen blogging world so I want to foster a bit of good will and give out a great prize.
4. How did you pick the Donors Choose projects? I picked projects that had reasonable fundraising objectives and ones that had something to do with blogging and pen stuff.
5. What’s the deadline again? Friday, January 10, 2014 at 11:59 pm EST.
6. What if only like 3 people leave comments and you only raise like $5? Will you still give out the notebooks? Absolutely.
7. Where did you get the Night Sky notebooks? This is the second of two packs I got in my FN Colors subscription.
8. Did you donate to the campaign you’re organizing? Yes I have.